Today I got a recipe for you and hope you like it. I got this one from one of my favorite sites. One of the best sites that is all mexican recipes and most of them my husband has liked that I had made. I can’t do the spice thing but I still love chipotle, love the flavor. There is a package I get from Walmart that I can put as little or as lot as I want. So for me I can make it not to spicy.
This one has real chipotles in the sauce. It smells amazing. Made it before and I know my husband loves it.
Start with a piece of bread and two tablespoons of milk. Mash up the bread til it is mushy and no chunks. Don’t want chunks of bread in your meatballs. Add egg, garlic and salt. You can use pepper here if you like. I just use it at the end on top of everything in the pot.
Then roll your meatballs in to palm size balls. They can be a little bigger or smaller if you like. Depending on how your family likes them. On the site I got this recipe from she says that some cooks add cheese or egg in the meatball.
Add tomatoes and chipotles to your blender. Blend till smooth. In your pan cook your chopped onion in and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook a few minutes more. Then add your tomato mixture. And add chicken broth if needed. Cook about 10 minutes and add your meatballs. Cover and cook 10 minutes more.
Serve over rice. With tortillas and black beans on the side. Easy and delicious meal.
- 1 slice of bread
- 2 tb of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove chopped or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound of ground beef
- hard boiled eggs or cubes of cheese to go in meatballs(optional)
- Choice of oil for frying onion and garlic
- 1/2 cup white onion roughly chopped( the site this is different, this is how my husband likes it, he loves a lot of onion in all his food)
- 2 large tomatoes or 3-4 roma tomatoes
- 1/2-1 cup chicken broth or water, if sauce to thick
- 1-3 canned chipotle peppers ( more you add the spicier it will be, add to your choice of hotness)
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped onion and cilantro for garnish
- In a large bowl put the milk on the bread and mash up like mentioned above. Then add egg, and salt. Mix with wet hands until everything is well combined.
- Form your meatballs, add the egg, or cheese even serrano pepper can be added in the center of the meatball if you like.
- Then place the meatballs aside and make your tomato, chipotle sauce. Put in the blender and blend until smooth. The site says they got 2 1/2 cups of sauce from this. I got about two cups with 3 roma tomatoes.
- Heat your oil and add the onion and cook until translucent then add your garlic and cook about 3 minutes. I usually cook my garlic until I start to smell it. That’s when it is done for me.
- Add you tomato mixture, and cook for about ten minutes. Add your meatballs. Cover and cook around ten minutes more. Stir to cook meatballs evenly. Check if they are done after ten minutes. Cook a few minutes more if needed. Simmer till the sauce is slightly thick and is to your desired thickness to add on top of rice.
- Add on top of red or white rice, with beans on the side and corn tortillas.
If you would like to check out where I got the recipe from here is a link to that site.
Hope that you enjoy. Been a little while since I posted a recipe so I thought I would post what I made for hubby today.
Just to let you know there is a donation spot on the side or below, if you can help with any amount will be greatly appreciated. It is just to help keep the blog going. Payment coming up soon just asking for help if you can afford it. I know christmas is coming up and things are tough for all of us, hence the reason I am asking for help and also understand it would be tough for some of you to help also. So please only if your able to.
Have a great day or night and please….. stay safe.