I have mentioned a lot of things you can do to drive traffic to your blog. I never mentioned the things you should do before you hit publish to help drive more traffic to your blog. There are a lot of things that you should do to drive organic traffic to your blog, let’s look into a few of them now.
- Write evergreen content: What I mean by that is, write content that will be always relevant. If someone looks at this post a year or two later, will what you wrote still be true and still work?
Google will look at this as good content. If you can go to the article a year or two later and people still get value from that same article.
- Interlink your articles: Meaning try to make it like a domino effect throughout your whole blog. After writing an article, try to get a link to an old post you made. If that post you linked to has a link to another post and it keeps linking more posts. The longer they stay on your site, the better it looks to Google.
- Make sure your blog is mobile-friendly: That is self-explanatory. If you are on WordPress, it is already optimized for mobile. Make sure you check where you have your domain if it is also optimized for mobile.
- Use a theme that is responsive: meaning a theme that loads fast. It also is responsive when opened by the reader and ready to go when the reader is ready.
- Write unique content: The more unique your content is, the more people will want to read it. The reader will be glad they are not reading what they have already read on someone else’s blog. Even if it is slightly the same, try to make it a little different. Make the content you, if that makes sense.
- Write longer content: Think this is also self-explanatory. I have been listening to some podcasts that mentioned this a little differently. It does not always have to be long content. Also don’t always write for google, SEO, keywords, etc. Leads to this next one.
- Write for your audience: As I said, don’t always write for google. Look up see the questions your audience is asking. So that is what you can make a post about.
- Use backlink: which is linking to other sites. Not any site. Vert popular sites( high domain authority) and that will raise your domain authority.
That is all for the things before you hit publish. After you publish there are so many ways to get traffic and I have a few posts on that if you want to check one out right here. Or this post on targeted traffic hereTo get traffic don’t forget to promote a lot on your social media. That will help drive the traffic to want to come read your posts. If you make pins for Pinterest using Canva, I read that you should make three pins per blog post. If that is something you do, don’t forget to use tailwind. Best app ever to boost traffic from Pinterest.The most I use tailwind the more traffic I see a boost on my blog and on my Pinterest account. Join me on tailwind here to get 15 dollar credit for tailwind pro. That’s all for today’s post, hope you get a lot of value from these posts I had for you lately. Put them all together and you should be able to drive a lot of traffic to your blog. Hope you do get a lot of traffic. Have a great day or night and please stay safe.